Injury to ankles can often result in decreased balance ability. Towards the end of rehabilitation performing balance activities is an important way to prevent future injury. Perform this exercise 10 times in a row.
Single Leg Stance on a Towel
- Fold a towel into a small rectangle and place on the ground.
- Stand with the injured foot on the towel.
- Lift the uninjured leg off the ground standing only on the towel with the injured leg.
- Hold for 15 seconds. (As balance improves, increase stance time on injured leg up to 45 seconds.)
- Return your uninjured foot to the floor.